Thursday, January 26, 2012

Concept for the layout...

Here is how I imagine the layout to cover Rochester, Minnesota. We don't really have a trolly/tram, but what the heck...in the orange that would be the trolley/tram line I'd model. And the black line is the freight/passenger train...trying to follow (for the most part) existing rail lines through the city.



I plan on following the N-scale T-TRAK modular model railroad standard as much as possible. I want to put the historic Plummer House on a combo "corner and straight" T-TRAK module. I'd somehow try and blend the track into street tram-like going down a portion of Memorial Parkway.


Here's a Google Map centered on the historic Plummer House. It sits on a hill which drops down onto Memorial Parkway (just below 11th street). Memorial Parkway is a boulevard with trees in the middle. The Plummer House should prove interesting to model in card stock.



No comments:

Post a Comment